All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionLilith is equal if t superior to the best of Poe, wrote W. H. Auden in his introduction to the 1954 reprint of George MacDonald's Lilith , which was first published in 1895. It is the story of Mr. Vane, an orphan and heir to a large house - a house in which he has a vision that leads him through a large old mirror into ather world. In chronicling the five trips Mr. Vane makes to this other world, MacDonald hauntingly explores the ultimate mystery of evil.
- Author BiographyGeorge MacDonald(1824-1905) The great nineteenth-century innovator of modern fantasy, whose works influenced C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Charles Williams. I do not write for children, MacDonald once said, but for the childlike, whether of five, or fifty, or seventy-five.
- Author(s)George MacDonald
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/01/1959
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight200 g
- Width153 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.