Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionJane Radcliffe was part of a group of North American and South American writers living in Lima, Peru, who put out the literary journal Haravec; while it lasted, it was published in English, Spanish, and Quechua, and distributed on both continents. After her return to California, Solo Press and the National Endowment for the Arts became interested in putting out a collection of the work Jane had done during her two years living in Lima and teaching linguistics at San Marcos University there. Alita Kelley, longtime Cuzco resident, did the Spanish version, and Peruvians Lola and Renan del Barco gave it a final reading. At the time, reviewers found this approach to language remarkable. Jack Rosenbaum said: Everything is multilingual these days: Jane Radcliffe is out with a book published with a grand from the National Endowment for the Arts. Lima Rooftops is printed in both English and Spanish under one cover. The local journal Sipapu said more: Lima Rooftops has the advantage of a bilingual work of a new character: the translations are t simply Hispanicization of the English, they are meant to stand on their own as poems in Spanish. As the Introduction says, 'This book represents collaboration rather than a translation: the Spanish version is meant for native speakers of Spanish and the English version for native speakers of English.' The difference may be best seen in Parable in which the Spanish breaks free of the English. This is an experiment we would like to see repeated.
- Author(s)Jane Radcliffe
- PublisherBoston Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/1978
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoston Academic Publishing
- Weight122 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.