Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting the first unified treatment of limit theorems for multiple sums of independent random variables, this volume fills an important gap in the field. Several new results are introduced, even in the classical setting, as well as some new approaches that are simpler than those already established in the literature. In particular, new proofs of the strong law of large numbers and the Hajek-Renyi inequality are detailed. Applications of the described theory include Gibbs fields, spin glasses, polymer models, image analysis and random shapes. Limit theorems form the backbone of probability theory and statistical theory alike. The theory of multiple sums of random variables is a direct generalization of the classical study of limit theorems, whose importance and wide application in science is unquestionable. However, to date, the subject of multiple sums has only been treated in journals. The results described in this book will be of interest to advanced undergraduates, graduate students and researchers who work on limit theorems in probability theory, the statistical analysis of random fields, as well as in the field of random sets or stochastic geometry. The central topic is also important for statistical theory, developing statistical inferences for random fields, and also has applications to the sciences, including physics and chemistry.
- Author BiographyOleg Klesov graduated from Kiev Shevchenko University in 1977 and obtained his PhD in 1979, followed by his habilitation in 2001. He is currently Professor at the National Technical University of Ukraine Kyiv Polytechnic Institute . During his academic career, he has held several positions as Invited Professor at Lublin (Poland), Debrecen (Hungary), Marburg, Koeln, Paderborn (Germany), Gainesville (USA), Cergy Pontoise (France), and Lakehead (Canada). His main scientific interests are in probability theory, stochastic processes and real analysis.
- Author(s)Oleg Klesov
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight913 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.