All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionNutrition is one of the key factors that modulate exercise performance. In this book, a group of expert scientists discuss the ergogenic properties of various nutritional interventions and present research to show that dietary strategies can be applied to extend the limits of human endurance, lower the risk of illness or injury, and speed recovery rates. More specifically, they discuss recent findings on topics such as caffeine and its effect on the brain, carnitine and fat oxidation, ergogenic properties of beta-alanine, dietary protein and muscle reconditioning, nutrition and immune status, and the importance of proper hydration. This publication will provide the reader with many vel insights into the complex interaction between nutrition and exercise, allowing them to define more effective dietary strategies to improve health and performance. Moreover, while focusing on elite athletes, it is interesting to te that some of the discoveries can be applied beyond this niche, for example to improve performance outcomes in the elderly.
- PublisherS Karger AG
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleNestle Nutrition Institute Workshop Series
- Series Part/Volume Number76
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintS Karger AG
- Content Note17, 17 fig., 9 tab.
- Weight540 g
- Edited byLuc J. C. van Loon,Romain Meeusen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.