All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionLincoln's Selected Writings includes letters, speeches, eulogies, proposals, debate transcriptions, addresses and more, accompanied by antations, a preface, a te on the texts and a list of abbreviations. The writings are followed by contemporary responses to Lincoln, representations of him in modern writing and selections from recent studies. Modern Views presents interpretations of Lincoln's life, work and legacy. A chrology, bibliography and index are also included.
- Author BiographyAbraham Lincoln was the sixteenth president of the United States and the author of several seminal speeches and writings, including the Gettysburg Address. He died in 1865. David S. Reynolds is Distinguished Professor of English and American Studies at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. His books include Walt Whitman's America: A Cultural Biography; John Brown, Abolitionist; Beneath the American Renaissance: The Subversive Imagination in the Age of Emerson and Melville; Mightier Than the Sword: Uncle Tom's Cabin and the Battle for America; Waking Giant: America in the Age of Jackson; Walt Whitman; George Lippard; and Faith in Fiction: The Emergence of Religious Literature in America. Reynolds is the editor or coeditor of seven books, including Whitman's Leaves of Grass: The 150th Anniversary Edition, A Historical Guide to Walt Whitman, Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin: The Splendid Edition, and George Lippard's The Quaker City; or, The Monks of Monk Hall. He is the winner of the Bancroft Prize, the Christian Gauss Award, the Ambassador Book Award, the Gustavus Myers Outstanding Book Prize and has been a finalist for the National Book Critics Circle Award. He is a regular contributor to the New York Times Book Review.
- Author(s)Abraham Lincoln
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note5
- Weight770 g
- Width145 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byDavid S. Reynolds
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.