All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is for sophomore-level or junior/senior-level first courses in linear algebra and assumes calculus as a prerequisite. This thorough and accessible text, from one of the leading figures in the use of techlogy in linear algebra, gives students a challenging and broad understanding of the subject. The author infuses key concepts with their modern practical applications to offer students examples of how mathematics is used in the real world. Each chapter contains integrated worked examples and chapter tests. The book stresses the important roles geometry and visualization play in understanding linear algebra.
- Author BiographySteven J. Leon is a Chancellor Professor of Mathematics at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. He has been a Visiting Professor at Stanford University, ETH Zurich (the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), KTH (the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm), UC San Diego, and Brown University. His areas of specialty are linear algebra and numerical analysis. Leon is currently serving as Chair of the Education Committee of the International Linear Algebra Society and as Contributing Editor to Image, the Bulletin of the International Linear Algebra Society. He had previously served as Editor-in-Chief of Image from 1989 to 1997. In the 1990's he also served as Director of the NSF sponsored ATLAST Project (Augmenting the Teaching of Linear Algebra using Software Tools). The project conducted 18 regional faculty workshops during the period from 1992-1997.
- Author(s)Steven J. Leon
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date31/03/2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight880 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.