All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionInverse problems arise in practical applications whenever there is a need to interpret indirect measurements. This book explains how to identify ill-posed inverse problems arising in practice and how to design computational solution methods for them; explains computational approaches in a hands-on fashion, with related codes available on a website; and serves as a convenient entry point to practical inversion. The guiding linear inversion examples are the problem of image deblurring, x-ray tomography, and backward parabolic problems, including heat transfer, and electrical impedance tomography is used as the guiding nlinear inversion example. The book's nlinear material combines the analytic-geometric research tradition and the regularization-based school of thought in a fruitful manner, paving the way to new theorems and algorithms for nlinear inverse problems. Furthermore, it is the only mathematical textbook with a thorough treatment of electrical impedance tomography, and these sections are suitable for beginning and experienced researchers in mathematics and engineering.
- Author BiographyJennifer L. Mueller is a Professor of Mathematics and Biomedical Engineering at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. She has served as Vice Chair and Program Director for the SIAM Activity Group on Imaging Science. Samuli Siltanen works as a Professor of Industrial Mathematics at the University of Helsinki, Finland, and is a senior scientist in the Centre of Excellence in Inverse Problems Research nominated by the Academy of Finland for the periods 2006-2011 and 2012-2017. He is President of the Finnish Inverse Problems Society.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Muller,Samuli Siltanen
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleComputational Science and Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.