All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- Description. It gives a fascinating contemporary insight into life on the front line. What is surprising for the modern reader is the number of words and phrases that Smith felt the need to define which are w considered unremarkable: these include aerial photography, armoured car, bomb, camouflage, concussion and crater. This in itself demonstrates how much contemporary English comes from World War I. Also included are many words that do t appear in any other World War I dictionaries.
- Author BiographyLorenzo N. Smith was a Sergeant with the British-Canadian Recruiting Mission.
- Author(s)Lorenzo N. Smith
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication15/06/2014
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Out-of-print date28/07/2016
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight327 g
- Width155 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.