All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of linguistic landscapes, the analysis and interpretation of the relationships between languages and spaces, is a blooming field in current sociolinguistics. In all their diversity, linguistic landscapes can be seen as the linguistic mirror of the dynamics of our globalised society. This book offers a selection of the best presentations given at the 3<UP>rd International Linguistic Landscape Workshop, which took place at the University of Strasbourg in May 2010. The various contributions offer new perspectives on the mapping of multilingualism in different social contexts, and analyse how the linguistic landscape reflects social change. The book includes chapters in French and in English and provides a wide array of case studies dealing with language policy, political activism, art, advertising, religion, literacy, education and migration.
- Author BiographyChristine Helot is professor of English at the University of Strasbourg (IUFM Alsace), and a researcher in the field of sociolinguistics, bilingualism and educational linguistics. Monica Barni is professor in Educational Linguistics at the Universita per Stranieri, Siena and researcher in the field of language policy in education, specifically in relation to immigrants, and in plurilingual societies. Rudi Janssens is a lecturer at the faculty of Literature and Philosophy at the VUB and senior researcher at the Brussels Information, Documentation and Research Centre (Brio). Carla Bagna is a Researcher in Educational Linguistics at the Universita per Stranieri, Siena. She is also the director of the Language Centre of the University.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- Languageeng, fre
- Series TitleSprache, Mehrsprachigkeit Und Sozialer Wandel. Language, Multilinguism and Social Change. Langue, Multilinguisme Et Changement Social
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight550 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCarla Bagna,Christine Helot,Monica Barni,Rudi Janssens
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.