All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis path-breaking book provides a convincing argument for the importance of children's home languages and the benefits of dual- and multi-language learning. A new classroom practice kwn as Linguistically Appropriate Practice (LAP) offers guidance for those working with young children who arrive in childcare centres and schools with little or proficiency in the classroom language. Linguistically Appropriate Practice details over fifty classroom activities that can be adapted to match both the developmental level of the children and the classroom curriculum. Intended for childcare staff, health care providers, settlement workers, speech and language pathologists, kindergarten and primary grade teachers, family resource workers, and literacy specialists, this book is an essential resource for preparing young children for the complex communication and literacy demands of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyRoma Chumak-Horbatsch is Associate Professor in the School of Early Childhood Studies at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada.
- Author(s)Roma Chumak-Horbatsch
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight260 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.