Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThe issue of intercultural learning has been tackled, amongst others, in the fields of education, language education and applied linguistics. Inspite of the extensive literature on the subject, there is still much which needs to be done to address the ways in which linguistics itself can contribute to intercultural education. The 8 chapters by internationally-rewned scholars highlight different ways of using it both in the classroom and in researching intercultural education. The following approaches are covered: Critical Discourse Analysis, Enciation, Conversation Analysis and Pragmatics. The introduction to the volume also offers a useful and comprehensive survey of the debates around the polysemic tion of the 'intercultural'. The book will appeal to an international readership of students, scholars and professionals across a wide range of disciplines, interested in making intercultural education more effective.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- Series TitleLanguage Learning & Language Teaching
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Content Note+ index
- Weight380 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byAnthony J. Liddicoat,Fred Dervin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.