All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe English language plays an increasingly important role in providing opportunities for intercultural communication and learning on the global platform. In this era, English is longer a language owned by any particular linguistic community, but is a language that provides speakers with a voice to engage in global conversations. Linguistics for Teaching English in Multilingual Classrooms approaches teaching English from this global perspective with a deep appreciation for the rich linguistic and cultural resources our students bring into our classrooms. Through an introduction to the foundational concepts within the field of linguistics and practical strategies for classroom implementation, this book guides teachers in supporting and addressing the linguistic needs of our students from multilingual backgrounds.
- Author BiographySarina Chugani Molina serves as a faculty member in the Department of Learning and Teaching at the University of San Diego. She has experience working with English Learners from a multitude of backgrounds both within the United States and in International Contexts. She is the program coordinator and instructor of graduate level courses in the M.Ed. in TESOL, Literacy, and Culture program. She has authored English as a Foreign Language textbook series entitled, Visual English and most recently, English for Global Citizens. Her research interests include teacher development in TESOL, teaching English as a global language, and addressing the social and educational inequities for students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Author(s)Dr Sarina Chugani Molina
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.