All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionLinked by Blood: Hemophilia and AIDS recounts the factors responsible for the widespread infection of people with hemophilia by Human Immudeficiency Virus (HIV)-contaminated blood and offers a prescription for addressing the challenges of future viral epidemics. The book describes the impact of AIDS on people with hemophilia, their families, and caregivers. The collection, processing, and distribution of blood in the early years of the HIV epidemic are described, including the failure of regulatory agencies to promulgate effective rules to safeguard the blood supply. The contributions of individuals and organizations that mitigated the epidemic are recognized. Linked by Blood presents recommendations for addressing the myriad medical, social, and ecomic challenges posed by blood-borne viral infections (AIDS, Ebola, MERS) that periodically sweep through large segments of our population.
- Author BiographyDr. David Green is an Emeritus Professor of Medicine at the Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University, and a hematologist with expertise in bleeding and clotting disorders. He was awarded a US Public Health Fellowship to study blood coagulation in Oxford, England, and conducted research in The Netherlands as the Boerhaave Professor and Australia as a Fogarty Fellow. He is a Master of the American College of Physicians, a Distinguished Emeritus Member of the American Society of Hematology, and a recipient of a Lifetime Achievement Award of the Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society. He is the author of 350 published journal articles and reviews, 11 edited books, and 2 multi-authored books.
- Author(s)David Green
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight160 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.