All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeadership is second only to classroom instruction as an influence on student achievement. Strong leadership can potentially unleash latent capacities that already exist in an organization. The authors, after five years of research, could t find a single documented case of a school that managed to turn around its student achievement trajectory in the absence of talented leadership. This thoroughly researched book examines all types of leaders: from the school principal to the teacher leader. The authors also look closely at each organizational level in the school system-school, classroom, community, district, and state.
- Author BiographyKenneth Leithwood is professor emeritus at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) at the University of Toronto. Karen Seashore Louis is Regents Professor of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development, and Robert H. Beck Chair in the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Kenneth Leithwood,Louis Karen Seashore
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width178 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.