All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionWith obvious affection, Wallace Lockhart connects the rich history of Linlithgow with the warmth and vitality that presently illuminates it. A deep and unforced kwledge borne of living as an adopted son of the town for almost forty years and thorough research, including conversations with many of those who make up the spirit of what Linlithgow is today, shines through in this heartfelt homage to a town with a soul .
- Author BiographyWallace Lockhart has resided in and been committed to his adopted town of Linlithgow for nearly forty years. He is a founder member and past President of both Linlithgow Rugby Club and Linlithgow Country Dance Club. He served as Chairman and Treasurer of the Old League of Friends of St. Michael's Hospital, is a former Elder of St. Michael's Parish Church and has been prominent for many years as leader of Quern, probably the most widely-travelled amateur music group in Scotland. Wallace serves as a guide to visitors of St. Michael's Church and is involved with Linlithgow Union Canal Society, the Ramblers and Hillwalkers and, as he says, with anyone he can share a tune with. He is especially proud of the fact that all of his family have elected to live in the town.
- Author(s)G.W. Lockhart
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map, ports.
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byTam Dalyell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.