Linux Program Development: A Guide with Exercises by Jerry Cooperstein, Dr Jerry Cooperstein (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by logicalunsanity
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionLinux Program Development is designed to bring experienced programmers up to speed quickly in a Linux environment. You will learn the tools and methods for developing C programs and doing systems programming under Linux, including: Compilers, compiling, linking and loading programs. Building and using both static and shared libraries. Using make and developing Makefiles. Version control. Debugging techniques. How system calls are made and the difference with regular library functions. The structure of Linux filesystems. File I/O functions, using both system-level and standard library calls. Advanced file operations, including directory and stat functions, and file locking. Process management, including forking and execing, exiting, process groups, and waiting. Pipes, unnamed and named (FIFO's). Signal dispatching and handling. Writing multi-threaded applications using the pthreads (Posix Threads) library and API. An introduction to network socket programming. System V and POSIX IPC, including shared memory, semaphores, and message queues. Upon mastering this material, you will have the necessary tools to develop advanced applications on a Linux system.
- Author BiographyJerry Cooperstein has been working with computers since 1969. He has a PhD in theoretical nuclear astrophysics, and has been using Linux since 1994. He has done many Linux engineering projects both at the application and kernel level and since 1998 has been developing and teaching courses on Linux Device Drivers, Kernel Internals and Systems Programming.
- Author(s)Dr Jerry Cooperstein,Jerry Cooperstein
- Date of Publication25/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.