Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.88Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionLouisianan Frank Grima is only ten when he has his first encounter with a white policeman. Shocked at the anger the officer displays simply because Frank is of ather color, he runs home to his mama, who makes him faithfully promise that he will always obey the law. Eleven years later, Frank joins the Acadian City police force-young, naive, and hungry for kwledge. It is August 28, 1970, and Frank kws he has choice but to strive for excellence. His life depends on it. Vietnam veteran Peter Hillman is hired the same day as Frank. Although he has good intentions of rendering justice and making a difference in his community, Peter carries psychological baggage that has the potential to greatly impact his career. As the two recruits begin protecting and serving, they soon learn that racism, anger, and cynicism are prevalent among the ranks. Even though Frank shuns the drama, controversy, and endless dilemmas that surround the force, being a black cop in the Deep South is more challenging than he ever imagined. In this compelling tale based on true events, police officers labor to render good-and sometimes appalling wrongs-onto the citizens of Acadian, and eventually discover that there will always be lost lions behind the badges.
- Author(s)Francis Green Jr
- Date of Publication27/07/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.