All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past 20 years, effective treatments for lipid disorders have become available. With the high incidence of coronary artery disease in the developed world, interest in this area has greatly increased, and 10% of the UK population w qualify for lipid lowering treatment. It is therefore important that the rational use of lipid-lowering treatment is based on an understanding of the underlying metabolic problem. This comprehensive but concise guide makes basic lipid metabolism understandable to the reader without over-simplification. The often confusing classification of lipid disorders is explained clearly, and this book will appeal to cardiologists, trainees and all related healthcare professionals who are involved in prescribing lipid-lowering medications on a daily basis.
- Author BiographyPaul Nicholls is Consultant Physician and Honorary Professor of Medicine at the Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, UK. Ian Young is Professor of Medicine and Consultant Clinical Biochemist, Queen's University of Belfast and Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, UK.
- Author(s)Ian D. Young,Paul Nicholls
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Cardiology Library
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note2 black and white hafltones, 4 black and white line drawings and a 4 page colour-plate section
- Weight107 g
- Width100 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.