All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFor a number of years, we have been teaching a course on the chemical, meta- bolic, and nutritional aspects of lipids to graduate and postdoctoral students in the health sciences at the University ofCalifornia, Los Angeles. The course was taught in an open-ended manner-that is, after each subject was introduced, a discussion was continued for as long as necessary to explore thoroughly its cur- rent status. It became evident that text was available that could supplement the lectures adequately. This book is an attempt to remedy the deficiency and to treat extensively-although t exhaustively-most aspects of lipids, ranging from their physical and chemical properties, through biochemistry and metabolic pathways, to their role in nutrition. It is intended, as were the lectures, for those who have a basic kwledge of biochemistry, but wish to increase their kw- ledge of lipids. These may include graduate or advanced students, investigators preparing to enter research in lipids, clinicians, and, indeed, all those who may profit by an increased awareness ofthe importance oflipids. Although most of the subjects treated are given adequate references, it was t our intention that this book would be a complete reference source. Rather, those publications cited are deemed by the authors of each chapter to be impor- tant and to lead to further reading. Inevitably, many more references are given for those subjects in which rapid advances are w being made than for those that are somewhat more static.
- Author(s)David R. Howton,George Popjak,James F. Mead,Roslyn B. Alfin-Slater
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/04/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note5 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight942 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.