All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDiabetes mellitus has become epidemic on a global scale, and millions of new cases are diagsed every year. The epidemic of diabetes mellitus is expected to result in one of the steepest rises in human morbidity and mortality ever observed outside of wartime. Insulin resistance is a hallmark of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes mellitus, and is characterized by impaired insulin-signaling transduction. Authoritative and comprehensive, Lipoproteins in Diabetes Mellitus details the many changes wrought by insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus on lipid and lipoprotein metabolism. The book begins by summarizing the various techniques to measure lipoproteins and their subclasses. The mechanisms by which insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus increase risk for atherosclerosis, diabetic retipathy, and diabetic nephropathy are then explored in detail. Finally, the effects of lifestyle modification and the results of clinical trials using established and investigational drugs are discussed. An invaluable contribution to the literature, Lipoproteins in Diabetes Mellitus is a comprehensive reference on the clinical and scientific aspects of lipoproteins in diabetes. It will have a long-lasting and significant effect on the medical management of people with diabetes.
- Author BiographyAlicia Jenkins, MBBS, MD, FRACP, FRCP University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Section of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Oklahoma City, OK, USA Peter P. Toth, MD, PhD, FAAFP, FICA, FNLA, FCCP, FAHA, FACC CGH Medical Center, Sterling, IL University of Illinois College of Medicine, Clinical Family and Community Medicine, Peoria, IL Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Clinical Medicine, East Lansing, MI, USA Timothy J. Lyons, MD, FRCP University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Section of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Harold Hamm Diabetes Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Diabetes
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 64 colour illustrations, 40 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1087 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlicia J. Jenkins,Peter P. Toth,Timothy J. Lyons
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.