Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $175.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $146.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the first edition of Liposomes - A Practical Approach was published in 1990, liposome techlogy has become a highly successful and rapidly developing area of preclinical and clinical research. During the 1990's, a number of liposome-based drugs reached the market in the US and Europe and several new aspects of liposome research have been discovered. As a consequence there has been an explosion of new procedures and techniques in the field. Reflecting both the significant changes in the field and these discoveries, this new edition contains a combination of chapters from the 1st edition which have been significantly updated, and several additional chapters. Each chapter contains contributions from experts in the field, and the book as a whole encompasses all key areas of liposome techlogy. The first half of the text addresses a number of essential experimental protocols such as the preparation, characterization, and storage of liposomes.
- Author BiographyVladimir P. Torchilin is Professor and Chairman at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Northeastern University, He gained a Ph.D.and D.Sc. in Polymer Chemistry and Chemistry of Physiologically Active Compounds, and is now a professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences. He has published over 300 papers, reviews and book chapters, 8 books and special journal issues (as author and editor). He is currently a member of the American Chemical Society, Controlled Release Society, AAPS, International Liposome Society and acts as a review editor for the Journal of Controlled Release, Associate Editor for Journal of Drug targeting, and is on the editorial boards of many other journal including Bioconjugate Chemistry and Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews.He was awarded the Lenin Prize of the USSR in Science and Technology, 1982; Member, Russian Academy of Biotechnology, 1992, and is a fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 2002. Volkmar Weissig is an Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics, Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences. He gained a Ph.D. in Chemistry and Sc.D. in Biochemistry and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. Asst. He has published over 40 papers, reviews and book chapters and over 70 abstracts. He is a member of the Controlled Release Society, the International Liposome Society, the Mitochondria Research Society and the Rho Chi Honour Society.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2003
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitlePractical Approach Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.264
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous figures and halftones
- Weight775 g
- Width189 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byVladimir P. Torchilin,Volkmar Weissig
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.