All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook consists of six chapters. The first chapter highlights the concept of liquid crystals, including chemical structure, phase classification, defect and texture, and continuum theory. It has been carefully written to meet the needs of readers who do t specialize in liquid crystals. The second chapter is related to the theoretical description of liquid crystalline polymers, networks, and gels, which deals with subjects such as the formation of liquid crystallinity in the polymer system, the phase transition and phase diagram, the molecular weight effect, chain conformation, physics properties, etc. In Chapter 3, the molecular engineering of liquid crystalline polymers is introduced. The molecular composition and the molecular weight play essential roles in the molecular design, which are reviewed in detail. In addition, some unusual liquid crystalline polymers are discussed. Chapter 4 is devoted to the phase identification of liquid crystalline polymers. The techniques involved cover polarizing microscopy, thermal analysis, X-ray diffraction, and other areas. Chapters 5 and 6 summarize the properties and applications of liquid crystalline polymers: Chapter 5 deals mainly with mechanical performance in fiber and composites; Chapter 6 presents the elasticity, viscosity and rheology of liquid crystalline polymers, as well as other important properties.
- Author(s)Wang Xin-Jiu,Zhou Qi-Feng
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2004
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight676 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.