All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.23Trending at AU $41.87
- AU $32.57Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $29.50Trending at AU $34.08
- AU $45.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $12.51
About this product
- DescriptionJonathan Nossiter had his first taste of wine at the age of three in Paris, from his father's finger. For him, wine is 'memory in its most liquid and dynamic form,' as essential an expression of culture as film, books or painting. From the wine shops and three-star restaurants of Paris to the biodynamic vineyards of Burgundy, from the hipster bistros of New York to film locations in Rio de Janeiro and Athens, Liquid Memory investigates the infinite mysteries of terroir, the historical sense of place that makes wine a living, expression of cultural identity that can stretch back centuries. It is also a joyful master class in locating the soul of a wine, and in learning to trust your own palate and desires.
- Author BiographyJonathan Nossiter is a film director and former sommelier. His feature films have won Best Film and Best Screenplay prizes at the Sundance Film Festival, and been shortlisted for the Palme d'Or at the Cannes Film Festival. He lives in Rio de Janeiro. Liquid Memory is his first book.
- Author(s)Jonathan Nossiter
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Content Note2 maps
- Weight476 g
- Width155 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.