All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMargaret Charles Smith, a ninety-one-year-old Alabama midwife, has thousands of birthing stories to tell. Sifting through nearly five decades of providing care for women in rural Greene County, she relates the tales that capture the life-and-death struggle of the birthing experience and the traditions, pharmacopeia, and spiritual attitudes that influenced her practice. Believed to be the oldest living (though retired) traditional African American midwife in Alabama, Smith is one of the few who can recount old-time birthing ways.
- Author(s)Linda Janet Holmes,Margaret Charles Smith
- PublisherOhio State University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1996
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleWomen & Health S.
- Place of PublicationColumbus, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.