All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionListening to Music is a series which actively engages children in listening to music so that they can perform it and compose it themselves. Each pack comprises a visually exciting book, a CD of all the recordings, and a CD-ROM of interactive whiteboard activities and printouts. Listening to Music is a series which actively engages children in listening to music so that they can perform it and compose it themselves. Each pack comprises a visually exciting book, a CD of all the recordings, and a CD-ROM of interactive whiteboard activities and printouts. The second title in the Listening to Music series brings together music from Indonesia, the Caribbean, India, the Pacific, South America and Europe - an eclectic mix of traditional, historical and contemporary music. Through the activities, children recognise and use the building blocks of music: long and short sounds, high and low, loud and quiet, fast and slow. They perform their own versions of some of the recordings and they compose others - always listening perceptively to their own and others music. Teachers will find this title a useful accompaniment to Music Express Years 3 to 6 and and an enjoyable source of alternative activities for their primary music scheme of work.
- Author BiographyHelen MacGregor has written and contributed widely to many A&C Black titles, amongst them, Music Express, the Roald Dahl musicals, and the Threes series. She is currently Music Advisor for Kent, and has worked previously in advisory roles for Merton and Southwark. She was a regular writer and workshop leader for the London Philharmonic Orchestra schools concert programme, and it was this work which inspired the creation of the Listening to Music series.
- Author(s)Helen MacGregor
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication19/10/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleMusic Express Extra
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintA & C Black Music
- Content Note(line and tone)
- Weight300 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alison Dexter
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.