Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionListening to My Body is an engaging and interactive picture book that introduces children to the practice of listening to their bodies. Through a combination of story and simple experiential activities, it guides them through the process of ticing and naming their feelings and the physical sensations that accompany them, while helping them build on their capacity to engage mindfully, self-regulate, and develop a better sense of well-being. From buzzing and tingly to wiggly and squirmy, Listening to My Body gives children a vocabulary to name their sensations and cultivates the message that whatever sensation or feeling they experience is okay. It will empower children to listen to their bodies, so they can get better at figuring out what they need to show care and kindness for themselves, especially when they experience difficult emotions. Listening to My Body is a wonderful resource for parents, counselors and teachers!
- Author BiographyGabi Garcia is mama, Licensed Professional Counselor, yogi and former teacher who believes that empowering children to tune into and trust their bodies is a lifelong gift. She has worked as a therapist in private practice and a variety of settings for over 15 years and currently works in a public school. She agrees that we teach what we need to learn most, and she always has better days when she listens to her body. Gabi lives with her family in Austin, Texas. Visit listeningtomybody.com for free downloadable resources to accompany the book.
- Author(s)Gabi Garcia
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight106 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ying Hui Tan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.