Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn this impassioned and hopeful book, David Biro reveals how to break through the silent wall of suffering-physical and psychological-that all too often accompanies pain and illness. Drawing together compelling stories from patients and insights from some of our greatest thinkers, writers, and artists, Listening to Pain eloquently demonstrates how lan- guage can alleviate the loneliness of pain, paving the way for empathy and effective treatment. Originally published in hardcover under the title The Language of Pain.
- Author BiographyOne of New York magazine's Top Doctors, David Biro, MD, practices in Brooklyn, New York, and teaches at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center. He lives with his wife and twin boys in New York City.
- Author(s)David Biro
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note10 black-and-white illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.