All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionAs the number of students learning English in elementary schools across the country continues to grow, so does the body of research on their literacy development. This respected course text and teacher resource synthesizes cutting-edge scholarship on how to teach English learners (ELs) at all levels of English proficiency. Accessible chapters on key components of reading and writing combine theoretical issues with practical suggestions for the classroom. Case studies, vignettes, and samples of student work illustrate both the challenges facing emergent bilingual students and the types of high-quality instruction that can help them succeed. New to This Edition *Incorporates the latest research and key current topics, such as bilingual assessment. *Chapter on vocabulary instruction across the elementary grades. *Chapter on collaborative teaching and how to structure it. *Covers implementation of the Common Core State Standards with ELs.
- Author BiographyLori Helman, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Minnesota, where she is also Director of the Minnesota Center for Reading Research. Her research investigates literacy development and effective teaching practices for emergent bilinguals at the elementary school level. She teaches classes on literacy learning in diverse contexts, literacy instruction with English learners, reading assessment and reading difficulty, and literacy leadership for reading specialists as they develop expertise across their professional careers. Dr. Helman is the author or coauthor of seven other books and has written chapters, articles, and curriculum support materials that investigate second-language literacy learning and guide teachers to apply this research in their classrooms.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight486 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byLori Helman
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.