All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive reference on literacy research methods, this book serves as a key resource for researchers and as a text in graduate-level courses. Distinguished scholars clearly describe established and emerging methodologies, discuss the types of questions and claims for which each is best suited, identify standards of quality, and present exemplary studies that illustrate the approaches at their best. The book demonstrates how each mode of inquiry can yield unique insights into literacy learning and teaching and how the methods can work together to move the field forward. New to This Edition *Significantly expanded: covers 18 approaches instead of 13.*Incorporates the latest methodological advances and empirical findings.*Chapters on content analysis, research in digital contexts, mixed methods, narrative approaches, and single-subject experimental design.
- Author BiographyNell K. Duke, EdD, is Professor of Language, Literacy, and Culture and an affiliate of the Combined Program in Education and Psychology at the University of Michigan. Her research focuses on early literacy development, particularly among children living in poverty. Her specific areas of expertise include development of informational literacies in young children, comprehension development and instruction in early schooling, and issues of equity in literacy education. She has used a variety of research methodologies in her own work and teaches courses on research design. Dr. Duke has a strong interest in the preparation of educational researchers and has published and presented on this topic. Marla H. Mallette, PhD, is Associate Professor of Literacy Education at Southern Illinois University. Her research interests include literacy teacher education, literacy instruction and learning with students of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and the convergence of early literacy and technology. She is very interested in research methodologies and has used various methodologies in her own work. Dr. Mallette has also published and presented on literacy research methodologies and the preparation of literacy researchers.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Notediagrams, figures
- Weight728 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMarla H. Mallette,Nell K. Duke
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.77Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.