Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive textbook introduces readers to the most influential theories and models of reading and literacy, ranging from behaviorism and early information processing theories to social constructionist and critical theories. Focusing on how these theories connect with different curricular approaches to literacy instruction from pre-K to grade 12, the author shows how these theories both shape and are shaped by everyday literacy practices in classrooms. Readers are invited to explore detailed vignettes that offer a practice-based view of theories as they are brought to life in classrooms. Unlike other books on literacy theories, Reading Theory devotes substantial attention to linguistically and culturally diverse classrooms and 21st-century techlogies.
- Author(s)Lara J. Handsfield
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLanguage & Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.