All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionLiterary Art in Digital Performance examines a dozen works of digital literature, a category comprising creative works that are principally (but t exclusively) textual in character, and which includes interactive poetry, narrative computer games, projective digital art, among other creative classifications specific to digital media. Electronic art in all its forms has presented a need for approaching its mechanism as new aesthetic. The historical change in digital literature centers on the fact that part of the creative content and the conditions for its reception are w produced by machine structures rather than exclusively through manual means and materials. With this new factor, in which the creative impetus is embedded in algorithmic decisions, the aesthetic practices and strategies of digital literature are t approachable in the same way that literature is understood. However, the rise of highly commercialized and popular fascination with media has t incorporated significant discussion about the degree to which art and literature remain as before, or are altered by this kind of widespread mediation.
- Author BiographyFrancisco J. Ricardo, PhD, is a Research Associate at Boston University, specializing in contemporary and new media; art theory, criticism, and history; and computational aesthetics.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note31 bw illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFrancisco J. Ricardo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.