All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThese essays explore the belletristic Crescent City - its history, authors, myths, and realities. This volume focuses on twentieth-century New Orleans, beginning with modernism's brief blooming in the 1920s, followed by the fading of New Orleans' peculiarly dreamy romanticism and the flourishing of a distinctive realism, and concluding with a recurrence and transformation of the earlier romantic strain in contemporary Gothic and mystery fiction.
- Author BiographyRichard S. Kennedy (1920--2002) was the author of Dreams in the Mirror: A Biography of E. E. Cummings and The Window of Memory: A Literary Biography of Thomas Wolfe. He also edited the collection Literary New Orleans: Essays and Meditations. He was a professor emeritus of English at Temple University in Philadelphia.
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSouthern Literary Studies (Paperback)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width153 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byRichard S Kennedy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.