All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionGutenberg's invention of movable type in the fifteenth century introduced an era of mass communication that permanently altered the structure of society. While publishing has been buffeted by persistent upheaval and transformation ever since, the current combination of techlogical developments, market pressures, and changing reading habits has led to an unprecedented paradigm shift in the world of books. Bringing together a wide range of perspectives -- industry veterans and provocateurs, writers, editors, and digital mavericks -- this invaluable collection reflects on the current situation of literary publishing, and provides a road map for the shifting geography of its future: How do editors and publishers adapt to this rapidly changing world? How are vibrant public communities in the Digital Age created and engaged? How can an industry traditionally dominated by white men become more diverse and inclusive? Mindful of the stakes of the ongoing transformation, Literary Publishing in the 21st Century goes beyond the usual discussion of 'print vs. digital' to uncover the complex, contradictory, and increasingly vibrant personalities that will define the future of the book.
- Author BiographyEditors Wayne Miller, Kevin Prufer, and Travis Kurowski, have managed, worked with, edited, and been acquired by the best publishers at work today. As the editors of this collection, they've assembled the most interesting publishing professionals at work today in one place, including Erin Belieu; Sven Birkerts; Jessa Crispin; Jane Friedman; Gerald Howard; Kevin Larimer; Jonathan Lee; Richard Nash; Daniel Jose Older; Chris Parris-Lamb; Donna Shear; Daniel Slager; and Roberto Tejada.
- PublisherMilkweed Editions
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMilkweed Editions
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byKevin Prufer,Travis Kurowski,Wayne Miller
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.