All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume examines the crucial relationship between literature and ethics, as it has developed and changed from the late medieval period to the present day. The focus of the volume is predicated upon three interrelated themes: instruction, judgement, and justice. Previous studies of literature and ethics have often been restricted to a limited chrology and generic focus; the present volume covers a range of periods, texts and genres in order to provide a wider illustration of the relationship between the literary and the ethical.
- Author BiographySteve Brie is Senior Lecturer in English Literature at Liverpool Hope University. He holds an MA and a PhD from the University of Liverpool. He has published a monograph on the history of the King George and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes, has edited two collections, and published chapters and journal articles on poetry, film, television drama, theology, history, the graphic novel, comic books and popular music. His research interests include the poetry of Charles Bukowski, British and American television drama, and British and American popular music. William T. Rossiter is Lecturer in English at Liverpool Hope University. He is the author of Chaucer and Petrarch (Brewer, 2010). His research focuses mainly on late medieval and early modern literature, with a particular interest in Anglo-Italian literary and cultural relationships. He has written various articles on Chaucer, Petrarch, Boccaccio, John Lydgate and Sir Thomas Wyatt, and is currently co-editing (with Jason Powell) a volume entitled Handle with Care: Authority and Diplomacy from Dante to Shakespeare. He is also carrying out research for a forthcoming monograph entitled Wyatt Abroad.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight236 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited bySteve Brie,William T. Rossiter
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.