CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Literature for Children About Asians and Asian Americans: Analysis and Annotated Bibliography, with Additional Readings for Adults by Mary C. Austin, Esther C. Jenkins (Hardback, 1987)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis work on children's literature about Asians and Asian-Americans is an exemplary bibliography for teachers, librarians, and others responsible for selecting and recommending suitable reading materials for children and young adults to increase their kwledge and understanding of Asian peoples and cultures. The presence of children of all ethnic groups in American schools has made reading about other cultures an essential part of the curriculum. Public libraries serving a multiethnic community will also find this bibliography a helpful readers' guide. ARBA This bibliography devoted to literature for young people by and about Asians and Asian Americans, provides an overview of children's literature, both fiction and nfiction, for each ethnic group, an antated bibliography of books for children and young adults, and an antated bibliography of books for adults, helpful in expanding their kwledge about selected groups. Separate chapters are devoted to each major group, in which Jenkins and Austin discuss and give examples of both its folklore and contemporary literature. Each discussion is followed by an antated list of books in a variety of categories, such as Single Tales and Collections, Contemporary literature, Picture Books, Fiction, and Non-Fiction. Suggested grade levels for introducing each book are included, with the suggestion that children's interests and abilities should determine whether or t a book is also suitable for other grade levels. In addition, there are glossaries of unusual or special terms and historical highlights, designed to help relate stories to particular historical periods.
- Author BiographyESTHER C. JENKINS is Professor Emeritus at the University of Hawaii. MARY C. AUSTIN is Professor Emeritus at the University of Hawaii.
- Author(s)Esther C. Jenkins,Mary C. Austin
- Date of Publication04/12/1987
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in World Literature
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 12
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.