All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionA lyrical search for wisdom and meaning in the life of a man growing up in the New South of desegregating schools, rock-and-roll music, mobile populations, and volatile wars, Little Boats, Unsalvaged displays the profound historical sensibility that has long marked the poetry of Dave Smith. Smith exhibits here a mature perspective on his childhood in a racially violent society and on his troubled search for happiness, whether sexual, professional, or aesthetic. To that, he adds a chorus of elegies for poets central to his understanding of his native region, and a vision of poetry as the art that unites medieval and contemporary elements. Little Boats, Unsalvaged poses a polyphonic inquiry into the experiences and memories of the Vietnam-defined generation.
- Author BiographyDAVE SMITH, Elliot Coleman Professor of Poetry at the Johns Hopkins University, is the author of twenty books of poetry, fiction, criticism, and memoir, including The Wick of Memory: New and Selected Poems, 1970-2000.
- Author(s)Dave Smith
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight136 g
- Width164 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.