Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides ideas and inspiration for basic woodwork skills for children aged 3-6. Organized into 3 levels of competence: beginning - sanding, using rulers to measure wood; emerging skills - mini hand drill, hammer and nails; developing competence - screw driver, mini hacksaw, advanced - pliers, glue guns. Includes practical advice on tools and how to use them (both real and play/pretend tools), construction materials (where to source and store), safety issues, role of the adult, where to site the woodworking area in the setting, key vocabulary and decorating/painting wood. Children's physical development as well as kwledge of the world, and mathematical development will all benefit from these activities.
- Author BiographyTerry was awarded a first class honours degree for teaching children in the 3-11 age range, a diploma in education, and a master's degree in teaching research in the early years. He has experience of working with all the age ranges within the primary sector but has an extensive range of experience working with children in the EYFS; including being deputy head teacher of a large 100-place flagship nursery school and deputy head teacher across 10 community nursery centres. He is an accredited assessor for the Early Years Professional Award and an experienced moderator for the EYFS Profile. Terry has led on the writing of a wide range of early years guidance materials for practitioners and regularly writes articles on early literacy for publications. He has contributed to a range of books, magazines, journals and training videos on the Early Years and enjoys a reputation for providing quality early years training and consultancy.
- Author(s)Linda Mort,Terry Gould
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLittle Books
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 80
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Content NoteColour photos
- Weight143 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.