All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.71
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.18
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.10
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.35
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $75.63
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.81
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.63
About this product
- DescriptionConner Murphy has lived his life as the quintessential mans man; a rugged entrepreneur who valued his family, friendships, and country above all. But as America changed, so did Conner. He became apathetic as he witnessed the unbridled power of governmental agencies stripping the freedoms of forsaken citizens. Nearing sixty and a widower, Conner has stomach to be engaged in the new America where countless frustrations and unspeakable atrocities are foisted upon the people by unelected and unaccountable bureaucracies. Then something happens that changes everything. Conner helplessly looks on as his sons young family suffers inconceivable frustration and horror at the hands of the Public Health Agency, a bureaucracy rife with corruption that puts political agendas ahead of the medical concerns of its citizens. Conners apathy turns to anger and he is determined to see the ones responsible for his familys grief punished. What he doesnt bargain for is the ferocity of their retaliation.
- Author Biographya I have always been fascinated by the strength of the human spirit and what individuals can overcome and accomplish. In turn, I am appalled and frightened by the boundaries and limitations imposed on individuals by societies and governments. I am distressed by the fact that we are seeing a continuous erosion of our liberties in America. It compelled me to write a fictional but prescient story of what this steady descent has in store for us. Something that many people fail to acknowledge is that there are bad people in this world with bad intentions and we risk empowering them when we collectively concede our rights.a Phil Matthews is an equine veterinarian practicing in Ocala, Florida. He was raised in Reno and made his way to Ocala via Colorado with a short stint in North Carolina. He lives with his wife of thirty-six years and they have two children.
- Author(s)Phil Matthews
- PublisherCavu II LLC
- Date of Publication14/01/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationOcala
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCavu II LLC
- Weight574 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.