All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs experts in developmental psychology and each a mother of three, Dr. Michelle Anthony and Dr. Reyna Lindert began ticing an alarming pattern of social struggle among girls as young as five, including their own daughters. In today's world, it is likely that your daughter has been faced with bullying and friendship issues, too-and perhaps you're at a loss for how to guide her through these situations effectively. Little Girls Can Be Mean is the first book to tackle the unique social struggles of elementary-aged girls, giving you the tools you need to help your daughter become stronger, happier, and better able to enjoy her friendships at school and beyond. Dr. Anthony and Dr. Lindert offer an easy-to-follow, four-step plan to help you become a problem-solving partner with your child, including tips and insights that girls can use on their own to confront social difficulties in an empowered way. Whether your daughter is just starting grade school or is already on her way to junior high, you'll learn how to:OBSERVE the social situation with new eyesCONNECT with your child in a new wayGUIDE your child with simple, compassionate strategiesSUPPORT your daughter to act more independently to face the social issueBy focusing squarely on the issues and needs of girls in the years before adolescence, Little Girls Can Be Mean is the essential, go-to guide for any parent or educator of girls in grades K-6.
- Author BiographyMichelle Anthony, M.A., Ph.D., is an expert in developmental psychology and a columnist for Scholastic's Parent and Child magazine. Reyna Lindert, Ph.D., is vice president and cofounder of Wide-Eyed Learning and a certified parent educator. Emily Durante has been narrating audiobooks for over ten years and is also an AudioFile Earphones Award-winning audiobook director. She has been acting since the age of seven and has performed in a number of stage productions at the professional, collegiate, and regional levels.
- Author(s)Michelle Anthony,Reyna Lindert
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2011
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Emily Durante
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time450
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Save on Audio Books
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $23.87
- AU $13.67Trending at AU $17.92
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $96.86
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.21
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.