All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionLittle London is full of fun and fascinating things to do with little adventurers in the big city. Get out and about and inspire your children's imaginations! Full of the capital's best-kept secrets, just waiting to be discovered, Little London contains over two hundred things to do all year round, all over the city, and best of all, most of them are free. Bursting with activities, day trips and a few games, recipes and craft makes, there's lots of ideas to keep tiny toddlers and older boys and girls entertained, and plenty for the big kids to enjoy too! With so much to do and so much to see, Little London's handpicked activities are combined with handy tips and all the essential information you need to make planning family days out fun and fuss-free. Turn the city into your secret playground with Little London! Here are just some of the events and activities you can find in this book: get creative at the National Gallery's family Sundays Experience a Victorian school day at the Ragged School Museum; explore the exotic plants and animals in the Barbican Conservatory Mess about on the river at the Canalway Cavalcade; celebrate Chinese New Year with your own homemade spring rolls; take part in The Big Garden Birdwatch; go behind the scenes with The National Theatre backstage tours; discover London's top city farms; make your own pin-hole camera; dress up for the Day of the Dead celebrations; and enjoy the festive fun at the Scandinavian Christmas Market.
- Author BiographySunshine Jackson is a BAFTA-nominated documentary editor and edit producer. Sunshine spent three years at home after the birth of her second child, during which she founded the Hopscotch newsletter. Sunshine lives in South London with her seven- and four-year-old daughters, Florence and Bibi, her husband Jason and their cat Rosie. They never tire of the often-overlooked Investigate Centre on the lower ground floor of the Natural History Museum, and adore the fig tree in the wildlife area of Myatts Field Park (they've named it Tatty Bongle!). Kate Hodges has been editing, writing and researching the Hopscotch newsletter since 2012 and has over 20 years' experience in magazine journalism. Kate lives in North London with her partner Gareth and three-year-old twins, Arthur and Dusty. Their favourite thing to do in London is to build dens in Queen's Wood in Highgate and run around the massive hangar full of planes at the RAF Museum in Colindale.
- Author(s)Kate Hodges,Sunshine Jackson
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight625 g
- Width197 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.