All listings for this product
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $9.50Trending at AU $12.34
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $29.19
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.54
- AU $22.58Trending at AU $25.35
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionLittle Miss Twins live in Twoland. They do everything in pairs, and say things twice. Two Little Misses is twice the fun. The Mr Men and Little Miss have been delighting children for generations with their charming and funny antics. Bold illustrations and funny stories make Mr Men and Little Miss the perfect story time experience for children aged two up. Have you met them all? It all started with a tickle. Roger Hargreaves' son Adam asked him what a tickle looked like. In response, Roger drew a small orange man with extraordinarily long arms that could reach anywhere and tickle anyone. Mr Tickle, the first of the Mr Men, was born. Mr Tickle was soon joined by Mr. Greedy, Mr. Happy, Mr. Nosey, Mr Sneeze and Mr Bump. When the first Mr Men books were published they became an instant hit. Roger went on to create many more Mr Men and Little Miss characters. What Roger really wanted was to make children laugh, which is probably why his own favourite character is Mr Silly.
- Author BiographyIt all started with a tickle. Roger Hargreaves' son Adam asked him what a tickle looked like. In response, Roger drew a small orange man with extraordinarily long arms that could reach anywhere and tickle anyone. The idea that a tickle could be a character in its own right sparked an idea in Roger's mind. Roger was a successful copywriter but he wanted to do something that would enable him to work from home and spend more time with his four children. He wondered if he could make a living writing and illustrating children's books so he wrote the first Mr Men titles: and began looking for a publisher. The first published Mr Men: Mr. Tickle,. Mr. Greedy, Mr. Happy, Mr. Nosey, Mr Sneeze and Mr Bump. The books were an instant hit and . Roger went on to create many more Mr Men and Little Miss characters. What Roger really wanted was to make children laugh. Mr Silly was his favourite Mr Men story and, according to his family, encapsulates his humour most closely. Sadly Roger passed away in 1988, but his son Adam took over the series, introducing new characters and exciting new adventures. Roger once said, 'I feel very happy to think that when the Mr Men and Little Misses are 100 years old, their readers will always be five.'
- Author(s)Roger Hargreaves
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleLittle Miss Classic Library
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (colour)
- Weight53 g
- Width140 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.