All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.59
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $25.27Trending at AU $27.69
About this product
- DescriptionLittle Women is an American classic, adored for Louisa May Alcott's lively and vivid portraits of the endearing March sisters: talented tomboy Jo, pretty Meg, shy Beth, temperamental Amy. Millions have shared in their joys, hardships, and adventures as they grow up in Civil War New England, separated by the war from their father and beloved mother, Marmee, blossoming from little women into adults. Jo searches for her writer's voice and finds unexpected love...Meg prepares for marriage and a family...Beth reaches out to the less fortunate, tragically...and Amy travels to Europe to become a painter. Based on Louisa May Alcott's own Yankee childhood, Little Women is a treasure -- a story whose enduring values of patience, loyalty, and love have kept this extraordinary family close to the hearts of generation after generation of delighted readers.
- Author BiographyLouisa May Alcott was born in 1832 in Pennsylvania and grew up in Concord, Massachusetts. She is best known for her books for children. The daughter of philosopher and reformer Amons Bronson Alcott, she was also a supporter of women's rights and an abolitionist. Family debts led her to write the autobiographical novel Little Women (1868). The book was a huge success, followed by Little Men, An Old-Fashioned Girl, and several other novels. <p/>Susan Cheever is the author of Home Before Dark, Note Found in a Bottle, As Good as I Could Be, and My Name Is Bill. She lives in New York City. <p/>From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author(s)Louisa May Alcott
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1994
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleEveryman's library children's classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEveryman's Library USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width171 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Illustrator(s)M.E. Gray
- Reading Age2-12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.