All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
About this product
- DescriptionLiturgy migrates. That is, liturgical practices, forms, and materials have migrated and continue to migrate across geographic, ethnic, ecclesial, and chrological boundaries. Liturgy in Migration offers the contributions of scholars who took part in the Yale Institute of Sacred Music's 2011 international liturgy conference on this topic. Presenters explored the nature of liturgical migrations and flows, their patterns, directions, and characteristics. Such migrations are always wrapped in their social and cultural contexts. With this in mind, these essays recalibrate, for the twenty-first century, older work on liturgical inculturation. They allow readers to better understand contemporary liturgical flows in the light of important and fascinating migrations of the past.
- Author BiographyTeresa Berger is professor of liturgical studies at the Yale Institute of Sacred Music and Yale Divinity School. She is the author of Fragments of Real Presence: Liturgical Traditions in Women's Hands and Gender Differences and the Making of Liturgical History.
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byProfessor Teresa Berger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.