All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe world kws Bon Scott as the wild rocker, the frontman for AC/DC who tragically died of alcohol poisoning on the eve of the band's rise to superstardom. We kw the legend, w meet the man. Live Wire gives us the Bon Scott we never knew. In this deeply personal and revealing portrait, we learn what it was like to be his friend, live and tour with him and be part of the close-knit world out of which one of the biggest bands of all time emerged. With Bon, there was always sex, drugs and rock'n'roll, but this deeply personal insight also shows the humour, intelligence and warmth of the man. From his early days with The Valentines, living in rundown apartments in Melbourne, to the legendary early years of AC/DC, this is the story of Bon, told by three of the people who knew him best. John D'Arcy was Bon's roadie and mate. Gabby D'Arcy is Darce's wife and was a close friend of Bon's. And Mary Renshaw was - as AC/DC's former bass player Mark Evans called her - Bon's soulmate and companion. As Bon said, it's a long way to the top. And Mary, Darce and Gabby were with him every step of the way. They lived with him, they loved him, and this is how they remember him.
- Author BiographyThe Roadie: John D'Arcy is a legendary Australian roadie, though no one - except his mum and the police - has ever called him 'John'. To the Australian music community, he is Darcy or Darce. After being the roadie for Bon Scott's first major band, The Valentines, Darcy worked with many Australian bands, including Healing Force, and he worked on Leo Sayer's first Australian tour. As The Masters Apprentices' Jim Keays acknowledged, Darcy was there for 'the birth of it all [with a] wide grin, a joint in one hand, spanner in the other, as he got ready for another big night'. The Fan: Gabby D'Arcy was just fourteen when she met The Valentines. Two years later, she started going out with the band's roadie, Darcy. More than forty-five years later, they are still together. It's one of rock'n'roll's most remarkable relationships, and they are the proud parents of Rebecca and Matt. Matt is the drummer in Rival Fire, a band fronted by Rob Farnham. The Soulmate: Mary Renshaw is a Melbourne fashion designer. She was a teenager when she met Bon Scott at a Valentines gig in 1967. Bon admired the beads Mary was wearing and asked if she could make him some. They were friends from that day on.
- Author(s)Gabby Darcy,John Darcy,Mary Renshaw
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Out-of-print date27/02/2017
- Content Note1 x 16pp colour pictures
- Weight416 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.