All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding the mechanisms involved in liver regeneration is of crucial importance for clinical medicine, t only regarding carcigenesis and diabetes treatment, but also for the use of stem cells for cell therapy and liver surgery. This graduate-level text provides an overview of the current state of kwledge of the molecular mechanisms of liver regeneration. Hepatic stem cells are introduced and the important players involved in regeneration such as oval cells, bone marrow and stellate cells are reviewed. The cell signaling pathways that initiate liver regeneration and regulate the switch between proliferation and apoptosis are presented and the role of liver stem cells in tumorigenesis is discussed. The book also treats the epigenetic regulation of liver stem cells and the roles of inflammation and angiogenesis in liver regeneration. This compact overview of the fascinating regenerative capacity of the liver will be of interest to graduate students and post-docs in molecular biology, biochemistry and medicine.
- Author BiographyDieter Haussinger, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleDe Gruyter Textbook
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Note51 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 51 farb. Abb., 7 schw.-w. Tab.
- Weight404 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byDieter Haussinger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.