All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiverpool has a deeply chequered past. As the second city of the Empire, she was a leading light in the influential story of Victorian Britain. This rthern metropolis has thrived as a maritime port and has been home to a vast melting pot of people from all over the works. Their personal stories have shaped the local landscape for generations, but many of the more unsavoury tales have largely lay forgotten or have been quietly swept under the rug. This book lifts the lid on those darker deeds and brings to life some of the more insalubrious events from Liverpool's past. Featuring a paply of true tales, Liverpool: A Macabre Miscellany is sure to invoke sensational intrigue, curious fascination and extraordinary surprise as you discover what really went on behind history's closed doors.
- Author BiographyDaniel K. Longman is a longstanding author having published numerous books on local history. He also produces a weekly column for the Liverpool Echo newspaper on the theme of nostalgia, owns his own tour company, See Liverpool Tours, and has a strong interest in criminal history. He is a graduate of English from Liverpool John Moores University and has recently completed a Diploma in Law. He has a passion for history and is always on the look-out to promote the heritage of his home town.
- Author(s)Daniel K. Longman
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note91
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.