Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionAnnie and her friends leave Ireland in 1926 young and optimistic, hoping to find a better life in Liverpool. Only things do t turn out the way they had imagined. Annie falls in love, marries and starts a family of her own. But with the onset of World War Two comes tragedy and loss, testing Annie's strength to the limit. Little does she realise that the salvation of her loved ones lies partly with a German woman named Hilde, whose life and situation mirrors Annie's own. Liverpool Connection is the second book of a trilogy and is based on a true story. The first book, The Night I Danced with Rommel, tells Hilde's story. The books are historical vels based on facts and tell the writer's family history.
- Author BiographyELISABETH MARRION was born August 1948 in Hildesheim, Germany. Her father was a corporal in the Royal Air Force and stationed after the war in the British occupied zone in Germany, where he met her mother Hilde, a war widow. As a child she enjoyed reading novels and plays by Oscar Wilde, Thornton Wilder and never lost her love of reading novels by Ernest Hemingway, or short stories by Guy de Maupassant. In 1969 she moved to England where she met her husband David. Together they established a clothing importing company. Their business gave them the opportunity to travel and work in the sub-Continent and the Far East. A large part of their working life was spent in Bangladesh, where they helped to establish a school in the rural part of the country, training young people in trades such as sign-writing, electrical work, and repair of computers and televisions. For inspiration Elisabeth puts on her running shoes for a long coastal run near the New Forest, where she and her husband now live.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Marrion
- PublisherSilverWood Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2014
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleUnbroken Bonds
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilverWood Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.