All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionLives and Times is a biographical reader designed to acquaint students with major issues in American history through the lives of individuals, prominent and otherwise, whose activities and ideas were crucial in shaping the course of the nation's history. Employing a narrative style, each volume consists of thirteen chapters in which the lives of two individuals are examined in the broader context of major historical themes. Readers will find t only a diversity of individuals profiled, but also themes spanning political, ecomic, social, cultural, intellectual and military history. This combined biographical/thematic approach provides the reader with more extensive biographical information and a fuller examination of key issues than is commonly offered in core texts. Each chapter also offers study questions and a bibliography.
- Author BiographyBlaine T. Browne is professor of history at Broward College. Robert C. Cottrell is professor of history at California State University. Together, they have co-authored Uncertain Order: The World in the Twentieth Century, Lives and Legacies: Biographies in Western Civilization, and Modern American Lives: Biographies in American History since 1945.
- Author(s)Blaine T. Browne,Robert C. Cottrell
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/10/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.