All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionLives of the Planets is a sweeping tour of our solar system, from the sun and demoted Pluto, to the Kuiper Belt and beyond the edge of the interstellar void. From the Neolithic computer that is Stonehenge to Galileo's telescope to Kepler's latest search for life on other planets, Richard Corfield deftly describes the colorful history of humanity's unfolding discovery of our solar system's secrets.In this era of unprecedented discovery, Lives of the Planets is a comprehensive survey of our growing kwledge and the history of how we got here.
- Author BiographyRichard Corfield received his doctorate from Cambridge University and was previously an Earth Scientist and Science Writer at Oxford University. He is currently a Senior Lecturer and Researcher in the Centre for Earth, Planetary, Space and Astronomical Research at the Open University, where he was intimately involved in both the Beagle 2 and Huygens missions. He is the author of two widely acclaimed books, The Silent Landscape and Architects of Eternity. He lives in Oxfordshire, England.
- Author(s)Richard Corfield
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Reading AgeFrom 13
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.