All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMore than 48 million Americans suffer from hearing loss, and audiologists agree this is a national epidemic. LIVING BETTER WITH HEARING LOSS is a practical guide to daily life with hearing loss, covering topics from hearing tests and buying (and paying for) hearing aids, to deciding whether to get a cochlear implant, to navigating airports, job interviews, and first dates when you suffer from hearing loss. Useful and readable for the newly hearing-impaired, those who have been struggling for years, and their families. Author Katherine Bouton has also written <i>Shouting Won't Help</i>, a memoir of her adult-onset hearing loss.
- Author BiographyKatherine Bouton has had progressive bilateral hearing loss since 1978 (and who received a cochlear implant in 2009), is a former editor at <i>The New York Times</i>, where she was deputy editor of the Sunday magazine for 10 years; she also held senior editing positions on <i>Science Times, </i>the <i>Sunday Book Review, </i>and <i>Culture. </i>These days, her writing (often in <i>The Times</i>) focuses on hearing loss and other disability issues. She is a frequent speaker at academic conferences on hearing loss and to hearing loss groups. Her blog What I Hear appears on the <i>Psychology Today </i>website; a second more personal blog, Hear Better with Hearing Loss, appears on her home page.
- Author(s)Katherine Bouton
- PublisherWorkman Publishing
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorkman Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.